Table of Contents
- 1. 8 Tips for Special Needs Holiday Toy Shopping
- 2. 15 Great Online Toy Stores for Children with Special Needs
- 3. 25 Great Toys For Kids Who Don’t Play With Toys
- 4. 21 Great Fidgets For Your Child With Special Needs
- 5. 10 Toy Stores that Provide Great Activities for Children with ADD/ADHD
- 6. 10 Sensory Chew Toys For Children With Autism & Other Special Needs
- 7. 19 Toys & Apps that can help develop Language and Social Skills in Children with Autism
- 8. 10 Tips for Selecting Toys for Your Speech Delayed Child
- 9. 8 Great Toys That Help With Cognitive Development
- 10. 9 Toys That Can Help Children who have Special Needs with Independent, Parallel and Cooperative Play
- 11. 10 Great Balance Toys For A Child With Special Needs
- 12. 5 Toys to Promote Problem Solving for a Child With Special Needs
- 13. 10 Toys And Household Items To Help Develop Fine Motor Skills
- 14. The Five Types of Toys for Children with Special Needs
- 15. Toys and Tips for Blending Nature and Play for Children with Special Needs
- 16. Five Toys That Can Help With Social Development
- 17. 6 Toys & Play Products To Help Develop Gross Motor Skills
- 18. 8 Toys That Can Help A Child With Emotional Development
- 19. For a Child with Special Needs It’s Not About the Toys!
Black Friday is here and that means the shopping season has begun. While most of the U.S. is looking for the latest gadget or the newest toy, families of children with special needs maybe looking for something very different. Many of the common toys available hold no interest or are not suitable for children with Autism and other special needs.
For families of children with special needs we have collected 19 articles discussing toys for children with special needs in the hope that it will inspire some new ideas and make your toy shopping easier.
Have a great toy to share or a new store selling them? Please share them in the comments below.
Playing with toys helps children with special needs develop and grow. Before purchasing a toy read these important toy buying tips.
Finding the perfect toy is always difficult. Here are 15 stores that provide great toys and educational products for babies, children and teens with special needs.
For Children with special needs who don’t play with toys here are a list of 25 things that they will play with!
Fidget toys are great self-regulation tools to help with focus, attention, calming, and active listening. Check out these 21 Fidgets For Your Child With Special Needs.
If you are looking for alternative toys for children with ADD or ADHD check out one of these 10 toy stores.
Many individuals with special needs feel a need to chew on anything that crosses their path. Here are 10 safe chew toys that will calm your child with autism and other special needs.
These toys and apps can help your child with autism develop important social and language skills.
As a speech-language pathologist, I am asked what toys I recommend most for children with speech and language delays. Here are my 10 tips for selecting toys for a child with speech/language delays.
Check out these eight toy suggestions that can assist children in developing critical cognitive milestones.
10. 9 Toys That Can Help Children who have Special Needs with Independent, Parallel and Cooperative Play
Play is a vital element to the development of children with special needs. Here are 9 toys that can help children with Independent, Parallel and Cooperative Play.
One of the key elements to gross motor skills is balance. Here are 10 toys that will help a child with special needs improve their balance.
In our daily routine there are many different activities we take part in that require problem solving. Here are five toys for children with special needs that incorporate problem solving.
Developing Fine Motor Skills is an essential part of a child’s growth. Here are 10 toys and household items that will help build fine motor skills.
For a child with special needs, toys can cater to specific areas of development or preference and serve as a therapy aid. Here are the types of toys that can help a child with special needs.
Outdoor play is an important part of a child’s development. Here are 15 tips and toys to help your child with special needs enjoy the outdoors.
Social Development is a crucial element in the growth of children, specifically children with special needs. Here are 5 toys that can help children develop socially.
Play is essential to help children with special needs develop gross motor skills. Here are 6 toys and play products that can help with gross motor skills.
Ensuring that a child with special needs develops emotionally is extremely important. Here are eight toys that will help foster emotional development through play.
When it comes to play we often tend to focus on the toys instead of actual play. Here are three crucial factors to consider when preparing your child with special needs for play.